Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Breakast Party


When the sun and time begins to descend a minute earlier each day and the temperature starts declining, I start to prepare breakfasts that warm my family and I from the inside. A fruit or veggie juice don't quite do it alone for the belly.  I need foods of more substance and body first thing in the morning. I'm talking good old fashion Oatmeal....


 The Eco Goddess Cinna-butter-mon Oatmeal

Oatmeal
almond or hemp milk
cinnamon powder
earth balance butter
honey

Directions: prepare your oatmeal (I like mine soft), place in bowl, sprinkle cinnamon powder on it, add a tablespoon of earth balance butter, pour desired amount of milk and add a teaspoon of honey. Stir up and enjoy!! You can add any fruit you like.

And when I feel like eating like a queen, I go for the pancake feast and I'm talking double decking with dripping grade A organic maple syrup and fruits of my choice.


The Eco Goddess Sensual Pancakes

organic multigrain pancakes
sliced organic bananas or apples
crushed organic walnuts or sliced almonds
earth balance butter
organic caramel syrup or organic chocolate syrup
soy whipped cream


Directions: I usually make multigrain pancakes and spread a bit of butter on top immediately out taking them out the pan. Slice up bananas or apples in a bowl.  Put 3 tablespoons of earth balance in the heated sauce pan until melted, then pour in sliced fruits. Saute slowly for about 2 -3 minutes until fruit is soft golden brown. Add fruits on top of stacked pancakes, pour heated butter on pancakes as well. (I usually only eat one slice of pancake because of its sensual richness. But for those who can stack up more inside of you then make as many as you desire.) Pour the organic syrup of your choice. Then top with soy whipped cream. A toe curling delight!



No comments: