Sunday, June 3, 2012

Eco-Sensual Living: The Spirit of Tea Time!


I am a long time, passionate tea drinker! Matters not the weather outside but more so the leaves of the earth that are inside. I drink tea for a few good reasons and during special moments:

1) it is a part of my daily eco-sensual morning ritual
2) it puts me in a meditative state of mind and slows me down
3) it enhances my journaling or creative writing moments
4) I love sitting and sipping tea with friends - its always on the menu when you visit the temple
5) I drink it for the medicinal power and purpose.

I energize my teas with solar power - Sun kissing my herbal infusions and giving it a powerful boost!
I buy my herbs (organic preferred) in bulk and create my own mixtures.

(L-R)
Jar # 1 - Red Raspberry Leaves - an astringent and general toner & strengthener of the uterus, helps relieve cramps from fibroids.

Jars # 2 & 3 - BLESSED THISTLE - a “bitter” that aids digestion and works on a congested liver. It increases breast milk and is an emotional ally to uplift spirits

BURDOCK ROOT - blood purifier, increasing circulation to the skin, helping to detoxify the epidermal tissues, it produces a diuretic effect on the body which aids the filtering of impurities from the bloodstream. By promoting perspiration, Burdock Root eliminates toxins through the skin. It is also known for inhibiting and slowing cancerous tumors.

YELLOW DOCK ROOT - increases iron levels and tones the intestinal lining and slows bleeding; a blood purifier, supports bladder, kidney, and liver function, great for bowel health.

DANDELION ROOT - excess phlegm can promote tumors. DR helps prevent cancer by breaking up phlegm and eliminating it from the system; improves kidney function, is an antidiabetic and contains phytochemicals with antifatigue activity.

INFUSING your HERBS is best! I place them outside in the sun before noon and let them sit there until the sun begins to melt and cool off. Then they are READY to do their magic!!



No comments: